Library Code of Conduct
To ensure that all visitors to the Valleyview Municipal Library are able to use the resources and services available at the Library in a safe and comfortable manner, the following guidelines for behavior have been determined.
Visitors to the library are required to respect Library staff and other Library users. Behavior that may interfere with Library services, or the enjoyment of the Library by other users is prohibited. This behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Excessively loud noise or disorderly conduct such as running, loud or abusive language, use of profanity, viewing pornography in view of other library users, and excessive public displays.
- Possession or/use of alcohol or illegal drugs, and/or being intoxicated on the premises.
- Damage to Library property.
- Theft of Library property or property of Library users.
- Using the furniture, equipment or facilities in a manner for which they were not intended.
- Harassment or threats to staff or other Library users.
- Any behavior that negatively affects the safe and efficient operation of the Library.
Violation of these guidelines may result in loss of Library privileges including the right to enter the Library building.
Please note that the Library is also a Scent Aware organization. Please avoid use of strong perfumes, cannibis/smoke odours for the comfort of all users. Thank you.